Quick Key grading app uses iPhone's camera to skip the Scantron

SystemSystem Posts: 165Administrator
edited February 2013 in 9to5mac.com Comments

imageQuick Key grading app uses iPhone's camera to skip the Scantron

A small Cambridge, Mass team of teachers and developers called Power2Teach came up with this novel little app called Quick Key. It makes multiple choice g...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Sort by PointsDate Added
  • MacmanimanMacmaniman Posts: 30Member
    i got really impressed by this, its great to see guys like this, who see the value of technology in the educational world, not only for students, but for teachers too!
  • abcdefgabcdefg Posts: 4Member
    this is great but i have to say one thing since technology makes it easier and faster so you can do more and thats all good and everything but what about students who will cheat using their iphones or google glasses retro fitted through their hair or something. where theres a way someone always figures out an easier way to do it which is good for teachers and students but what about the cheating aspect of technological advance. With google glass students can easily cheat and take photos without the teacher knowing if they want. So is tech really better for schools or not. I think this is great what this guy did and i hope all teachers can use this method in the future so maybe they can spend more of their time trying to catch the to be cheaters from cheating or snapping photos of everyting. Haha. I hate to be the one to bring this to the limelight but im shure it will happen even if i dont say anything. and what is a teacher to do frisk his students before class?
  • abcdefgabcdefg Posts: 4Member
    THis is the most awesome thing i have seen so far with the iphone truly amazing every teacher uses this app and the students can spend more quality time with their students and now teachers can really have an easier time with grading papers which is a major pain i think.
  • lifeinhdlifeinhd Posts: 86Member
    Maybe the better question is, will school still be relevant in a few years? If you can pull up the answer to anything at a moments notice, where does school fit in?
    abcdefg said:

this is great but i have to say one thing since technology makes it easier and faster so you can do more and thats all good and everything but what about students who will cheat using their iphones or google glasses retro fitted through their hair or something. where theres a way someone always figures out an easier way to do it which is good for teachers and students but what about the cheating aspect of technological advance. With google glass students can easily cheat and take photos without the teacher knowing if they want. So is tech really better for schools or not. I think this is great what this guy did and i hope all teachers can use this method in the future so maybe they can spend more of their time trying to catch the to be cheaters from cheating or snapping photos of everyting. Haha. I hate to be the one to bring this to the limelight but im shure it will happen even if i dont say anything. and what is a teacher to do frisk his students before class?

• mcleodglenmcleodglen Posts: 84Member
    image pretty cool app i must say, i haven't seen it before.
  • Looks like there is already an app that does this (since 2011). https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/assist/id344248078?mt=8
  • Also, there is Instagrade: http://insta-grade.appspot.com/. Not sure how this is news.