PopCalc : new super easy free calculator for iOS

NicoNico Posts: 2Member
Hi,

I'm the developper of PopCalc, a new free pocket calculator designed to be intuitive, fast and easy to use.

link to iTunes - Free - iPhone and iPad

Here is a short demo video. Check out how simple it is! 

Highlights
  • Large screen: PopCalc uses the top part of the screen to display the lines of current and previous calculations. You can scroll through them by simply sliding your finger across the screen 
  • Real-time memory function: All numbers entered or calculated are instantly stored
  • Quick access to stored numbers: A simple touch on any number will add it to the current calculation
  • Real-time computation: The result is calculated instantly as you input your calculation whenever possible
  • Instinctive to use: Enter your calculations as you would normally write them 
  • Edit your calculations: All lines of calculation can be modified or deleted at will
  • 2 keyboards: Standard and Scientific 
  • Share your calculations: Send your calculations by e-mail or by instant messaging 
  • Smart brackets: PopCalc understands whether to open or close the brackets 
  • Smart percentages: To add 10% to a number, simply enter +10% after the number 
  • In-app purchase: Upgrade to PopCalc Pro to remove the ad banner and activate all lines of calculation and all stored numbers 

PopCalc is on Facebook
Link to iTunes

Comments

• Sort by PointsDate Added
  • rosswellianrosswellian Posts: 5Member
    Nice app. I tried it.
    But a few big problems: how do you edit your calculations? 
    Everytime I touch a number it just turns into another number I have zero control of actually changing a number in-place. This needs refinement or a help page to better explain.
    And, "CE" stands for "Clear Entry" in my experience. It should not wipe out entire calculations, it should clear out (undo) the most recently added number.  "CA" for Clear All might be a better fit for how your button works.  CE is like "undo" for the last number.
    Good luck!
  • NicoNico Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for your feedback :)

Right now, there is no way to edit a number in place. You can only edit a line by deleting its numbers starting from the end of the line.
    In a future version, I've planned to implement a long press gesture to move the cursor and re-select/edit a number.

As a french speaking guy, I thought CE meant "Clear everything". I'll fix that one.

thank you for your support :)

Nice app. I tried it.
    Everytime I touch a number it just turns into another number I have zero control of actually changing a number in-place. This needs refinement or a help page to better explain.
    And, "CE" stands for "Clear Entry" in my experience. It should not wipe out entire calculations, it should clear out (undo) the most recently added number.  "CA" for Clear All might be a better fit for how your button works.  CE is like "undo" for the last number.
    Good luck!

Nice app. I tried it.
    Good luck!

• NicoNico Posts: 2Member
    Hi,

We've just sent for validation an update to PopCalc, the multitouch calculator for iphone and ipad

This update adds a new multitouch gesture : with a long press, you can now move the cursor anywhere you want and edit numbers.

Should be available next week if everything is allright.