Will there be an April iPad release?

MikeGrandMikeGrand Posts: 15Member
I know the iPad 4 is now on sale but it came at a much earlier time and has only made minimal updates. Do you believe that apple will hold an April conference for an iPad 5 or will they wait till next year?

Comments

• Sort by PointsDate Added
  • koban4maxkoban4max Posts: 109Member
    Can I ask why you would ask this?
  • MikeGrandMikeGrand Posts: 15Member
    edited October 2012
    In the market for a new iPad and don't want to buy this one and have a redesigned one that they considered "The Official New iPad" come out 6 months later. I'm very patient, if there is another coming out. I can wait.
    Post edited by MikeGrand on
  • koban4maxkoban4max Posts: 109Member
    it might not be out for while...like maybe a year.
  • MikeGrandMikeGrand Posts: 15Member
    If its a year, I might just buy one for the holidays. I wish Apple was so secretive with its schedule.
  • parsigi2parsigi2 Posts: 324Member
    Why the down-votes on your question?

Anyways, we don't know if Apple will release the 5th gen in April. Maybe they are moving to a fall release cycle, or maybe the 4th gen was just a minor specs update for the holidays, and they will release the 5th gen in April. Sadly, we don't know. If you just buy the 4th gen now, remember that the resale value will remain pretty high even if a new one comes.
  • Dannieboy96Dannieboy96 Posts: 2Member
    Apple only brought out the 4th gen iPad because the 3rd gen didn't sell as well as apple hoped... hence the 4th generation with an amazing new processor and other smaller features! So I think that Apple will have an april / march event!
  • bamaapplebamaapple Posts: 100Member
    No give them a year and they will come out with a all new disign ipad 5. My prodictions are WWDC 2013 or iphone keynote. I think it will have the same design as ipad mini back and the iphone 5. I think it will be thinner also. And there will be somthing else BIG in it I think. So rumors are rumors
    I think no.
  • bamaapplebamaapple Posts: 100Member
    No I don't really think there will be. At least 6 months before they do. It's just rumors.
  • technochicktechnochick Posts: 520Member
    MikeGrand said:
    In the market for a new iPad and don't want to buy this one and have a redesigned one that they considered "The Official New iPad" come out 6 months later. I'm very patient, if there is another coming out. I can wait.
    The notion of one or the other being the 'official' release is bogus. Whichever one is out right now is the official new one. 

As for the six months thing. At this point who knows but what seems logical to me is no, there won't be. It feels to me like they released the ipad 4 now in order to bring all the iOS devices together so that they wouldn't have holiday sales dampened by folks waiting for the next ipad in the early spring and they would have all new iOS device releases coming with the brand new iOS version. My gut is telling me that they have looked at the numbers and the devices sell better than computers during the holidays so that will be their focus with computers being centered around and during their whole Back to School times. 
  • technochicktechnochick Posts: 520Member
    Apple only brought out the 4th gen iPad because the 3rd gen didn't sell as well as apple hoped... hence the 4th generation with an amazing new processor and other smaller features! So I think that Apple will have an april / march event!
    There is nothing to back up the notion that they were disappointed by sales. 

Nor is there any proof that ipad 4 sales have been disappointing, which by your logic would be why they would update in six months rather than 12. 
  • shameershameer Posts: 328Member
    IMO they are gonna release every 6 months so other companies can't catch up. Look what happened with iPhone. But iPhone people plan to buy every year so they can't do that. I think it is in Apple's best interest.