Seeing the code of an IPA

BlueJiniBlueJini Posts: 2Member
edited August 2012 in Developers
Hi, do someone know how can see a code of an application? 
Like if i'll develope an app, an after i'll make it an IPA, there's a way so i can see the code? 
Thanks for the ones who answer :)

Answers

• Sort by PointsDate Added
  • Tallest_SkilTallest_Skil Posts: 2,357Member
    If you develop it, you have the code. There's no reverse engineering that you'll be able to do. If you want the proper code, you have to make it yourself; you can't just screw with someone else's files, and that's by design.
  • BlueJiniBlueJini Posts: 2Member
    If you develop it, you have the code. There's no reverse engineering that you'll be able to do. If you want the proper code, you have to make it yourself; you can't just screw with someone else's files, and that's by design.
    OK, thank you for the fast answer, i just figured maybe there is something like the SDK for android, just for the apps for the IOS. there is something like that? :) 
  • Tallest_SkilTallest_Skil Posts: 2,357Member
    …i just figured maybe there is something like the SDK for android, just for the apps for the IOS. there is something like that? :) 
    Oh? You mean for developmental purposes? Xcode handles all that, and there's the iOS Simulator to test your built applications therein.
  • dairyboydairyboy Posts: 110Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm not sure you can just see the code as reverse engineering is a whole black art unto itself. For actual reverse engineering, I would suggest you to have a close look at IDA. IDA supports the ARMv6 and ARMv7 architecture and is overall the best reversing tool on this planet.The App files downloaded through iTunes are compressed ZIP files with the extension .IPA. You may use any decompression tool to unpack them. To do so, you may simply rename the extension IPA towards ZIP.
    Post edited by dairyboy on
  • oliver36oliver36 Posts: 3Member
    edited January 2013
    It is possible to get the code,this is the way how Hackers break the copy protection of programs ,this process is called "disassembling"  you have to analyze all the functions of the program ,then you have to assemble it back to an executable program. If you want learn more about disassembling click here .

Post edited by oliver36 on